This Sunday at church I learned that one of the families in our congregation house burned down in May.

They're all safe and healthy now, which is a huge blessing, but they are still lacking some of the necessities.

I learned that this wonderful family had been keeping their clothes in laundry baskets for the past 7 months. 

They don't have dressers. 

When I was younger, I heard a man- who I deeply respect, say that when he saw a need, he did his best to fulfill it. And that's stuck with me. 

So when I heard they had a need for furniture, and I knew I had dressers sitting in our garage, it made total sense to me that what I had should go to them. 




I feel really grateful that these pieces were still available and that they went to such an amazing family. 
Delivering them last night has put a permeant smile on my face. :) 

The title of the post comes from one of my favorite hymns.

Because I have been given much, I too must give. 
Because of thy great bounty, Lord each day I live. 
I shall divide my gifts from thee with every brother that I see, who has the need of help from me.

Because I have been sheltered, fed by thy good care…
 I cannot see another’s lack and I not share-
my glowing fire, my loaf of bread-my roof’s safe shelter over head, 
that he too may be comforted.

Because I have been blessed by thy great love dear Lord, 
I’ll share thy love again according to thy word. 
I shall give love to those in need. 
I’ll show that love by word and deed, thus shall my thanks be thanks indeed.

Merry almost Christmas everyone. 


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top