Oh boy...this high boy.
I snagged it from an auction MONTHS ago and stuck it in my booth in almost as is condition.
I loved the lines but didn't know what to do with it.
I was thinking something like this, a really bold, sleek look.
But the piece had so many natural worm holes and divits and I was honestly to lazy to try and fill all of them.
And one day I was a little emotional and a little frustrated, so I took all that and used it on the distressing.
Here's how it turned out.
I'm really happy with out it turned out.
So much distressing isn't my normal style but I love how the piece has kind of a romantic industrial look.
And the sweet little hanging rack above the dresser was made from a leftover detail piece from a large mirror.
Like the dresser, I painted it also in Old Ochre, lightly distressed it and added knobs to the existing screw holes where it would have attached to the mirrors.
I used my Dremel to cut the screws on the hardware down to size.
It took like 5 minutes, just make sure you wear protective eye wear. :)
The dresser is available in The SHOP at the top of the page.
Click HERE for more info.