Yesterday I got a rather unkind comment on one of the pieces we recently finished. And to some extent that's fine. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and you don't have to love or even like everything we create. 

(And honestly I was a little excited for this to happen. I felt like it would mean I had officially entered the blogging world.)

I'm choosing not to remove that unkind comment, or any others that may follow. If the language in them is offensive then I'll take it off, but if you are simply rude it will remain on here for everyone to see how ungracious you were. I'm choosing to do this because I want to remain real, honest and I understand that not everything in life is kind or pleasant. 

I would like to say this though. You did hurt my feelings with your choice of words. I'm fine with the fact that you did not like that piece and advice is always appreciated, but what you said was unladylike and uncalled for.  I hope that you will not continue to spread your meanness to others who work hard to create and cultivate things of beauty.  I would hate to see another nasty comment from you on a friends blog and I hope you will think twice before leaving such a comment again.  

This thought summarizes what I am saying- 

    
Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.
                                                                                                                             - Leo Buscaglia



On the flip side, I want to sincerely thank each of you who leaves kind, thoughtful and uplifting comments.
 They make my day. :) 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top