A few weeks ago I found a kitchen cabinet at Goodwill.

Score!! 

(Sometimes I wonder if the Goodwill associates think we're a little crazy when we get so excited about random junk.)

I've been on the hunt for one for awhile and I knew exactly what I wanted to do with it. 

I bought four 6 inch legs from Home Depot. 



I took some scrap wood from our garage and cut four 3 inch by 3 inch squares, drilled holes through them and screwed the legs in. I used some super glue to secure them as well. 


When the legs were ready, I used wood glue to attach them to the bottom of the cabinet.


 Then it was time to paint!

After lightly sanding the cabinet and the legs I primed, painted and lightly distressed the boarders.


The top is painted with chalkboard paint for little artists to draw on and they can keep all their art supplies in the cabinet.  



Lastly I applied little grippers (My apologies, I can't remember what they're called! But you can buy them at Home Depot.) to the two front corners of the cabinet to keep the door from sticking. 


 And there you have it!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top